Veterinary Formula Clinical Care Flea & Tick Shampoo
Veterinary Formula Flea & Tick Shampoo kills and controls fleas & ticks on contact. Gently cleanses & exfoliates skin & coat.Additional Information:
Brand: Veterinary Formula Clinical Care
Dogs & other warm-blooded animals are especially prone to catching fleas in warm-weathered climates or during the summer months when air temperatures and humidity levels are high. Dogs can catch fleas from other furry friends, or from the environment. Fleas use their strong back legs to jump on the “host” (your dog) and then bite the animal. These bites can cause itching, hair-loss & hot-spots from itching, inflamed lesions and even skin infections. You may also notice small dirt-like particles on your pet – which is flea feces and digested blood.
The female fleas can live up to a few weeks on your pet, and may lay between 20-30 eggs a day during that time. Some eggs will hatch into larvae on your pet, while the others fall off, into your home environment – where they feed off skin scales and other organic matter. Pet parents must treat both the dog as well as the inside & outside home environments. We recommend using Veterinary Formula Clinical Care Flea & Tick Shampoo in conjunction with our Richard’s Organics Premise Treatment for Fleas – made with 100% natural Boric Acid.
Ticks are parasitic anthropods that attach themselves and feed off warm hosts, such as your dog. Ticks are usually found in the wooded areas, in long grass, and plants. Dogs that spend a lot of time outdoors are prone to encountering a tick at any given time. When your dog does, the tick can attach and lock its mouth into a crevice or fold and begin to feed on blood – sometimes even feeding for days. Besides being gross, ticks cause major concern for animals and people alike because of a high-risk for transmitting diseases such as Lyme, Ehrlichiosis, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, or Babesiosis. A tick bite can also cause anemia, joint-swelling, fever, and paralysis. If your pet displays any signs of illness, and you suspect he/she was bitten by a tick, consult your veterinarian immediately. Always check your pet for ticks if they’ve been running around outside, especially in wooded areas.
Gently cleanses & exfoliates skin & coat. Contains pyrethrum, which is derived from chrysanthemum flowers. Kills fleas and ticks on contact. Leaves the coat soft & lustrous.
- Droppings or “flea dirt” in a dog’s coat.
- Flea eggs on dog or in dog’s environment.
- Allergic dermatitis
- Excessive scratching, licking or biting at skin
- Hair loss
- Scabs and hot spots
- Tape worms
- Pale gums
- Safe for use on dogs, cats, ferrets and horses over 12 weeks.
- Contains .15% pyrethrum which is derived from flowers to control fleas and ticks on contact.
- Aloe and lanolin soothes irritated skin from flea and tick bites.
- Gently cleanses and exfoliates skin and coat.
- Leaves a lasting fresh clean sent.
- Pyrethrum: Pyrethrum is the natural insecticide and pest repellant made from chrysanthemum’s – using the dried flower heads which are poisonous, pyrethrum exposure may cause pruritus (itching), red skin, sneezing and other dermatological issues if there is a reaction.
- Paraben-Free: Parabens have been found to mimic estrogen in the body- and when levels are disrupted, a link has developed with breast cancer & reproductive issues. All our formulas are Paraben-Free, to promote the safety, well-being and health of your pet.
- pH Balanced: Pet’s sensitive skin requires pH balanced treatment. Human shampoos are formulated at a lower pH (more acidic) – and should not be used on your pet.
- Soap-Free: Only the gentlest, naturally derived cleansers are used in our formulas. Contains no harsh soaps or damaging detergents.
- Kills Fleas & Ticks on Contact: Formulated with pyrethrum for maximum control of fleas.
Read entire label before each use. It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling. When shampooing animal, avoid eyes. Use cloth or sponge to shampoo around animal’s eyes. Wear rubber gloves (mitts) when applying this product. Thoroughly wet the entire hair-coat with warm water and then apply enough shampoo to make a lather and work thoroughly into the hair-coat. For maximum parasite control allow lather to remain in contact with skin for five to ten minutes before rinsing. Do not reapply product for 7 days. Do not use on nursing puppies under 12 weeks of age. Consult a veterinarian before using this product on debilitated, aged, pregnant or nursing animals, or animals on medication.
Purified Water, Ammonium Laureth Sulfosuccinate-30, Lauryl Glucoside, Pyrocide Intermediate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Polyquaternium-7, Ammonium Chloride, Methylchloroisothiozolinone, Fragrance, FD&C Blue #1.
We Also Recommend
The Honest Kitchen Beef & Oat with Turkey Recipe Whole Food Clusters Dry Dog Food